"We are living in an age hopelessly below the New Testament pattern, content with a neat little religion."
Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones, MD
New Page 1
- The Scripture both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- In one God, Creator of al things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- That the Ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That man was created the image of God but through rebellion against God, is separate from God, and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- That the death and shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
- That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age.
- That the true Church is composed of all people who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head, and only such shall be eligible for membership in the local Church,.
- In the personal coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and eternal punishment.
- That the commission of Christ in Matthew 28:19-20 is a mandate to the Christian Church, and is incumbent upon al believers in each generation.
Liberty World’s World View:
Our theological worldview is perhaps best defined as "conservative
charismatic." We believe that God has released His gifts and power on
the earth today, but we also believe there must be accountability to
God's Word and His church. We are convinced that worship and prayer are
an essential part of our mission to extend Christ's kingdom on the
earth, but we also know that these practices can only remain healthy and
effective if they are exercised in a spirit of wisdom and humility.
Click on the Bible to read our “Liberty Vision Statement”